Access to the website and use of content
Content provided by us on or through the website is for general informational purposes only and we do not guarantee that it is accurate, complete or current. The content does not constitute, and we do not intend for it to be relied on as, legal or other professional advice.
The website, the content and any intellectual property rights in the website and content are the exclusive property of Vote for Policies and our contributors and licensors.
We allow you to access and use the website and the content, for your (or your organisation's) personal use only. This means you may
- View, download, print and store parts of the website and content on a computer which is accessible only by yourself or your organisation; and
- Distribute a reasonable number of copies of the content to other persons or organisations for their personal use only.
Where copies of the content are made, you must ensure that:
- Vote for Policies is acknowledged as the source of the contents;
- Any identification material present in the content must not be altered or removed, such as our web site address, our name and other contact details;
- The content must be copied in full and without any amendment or editing;
- Any copyright or intellectual property marks must be not be altered or removed; and
- The person and/or organisation that are intended to receive the copy must be informed that these provisions also apply to that person and/or organisation.
Personal use does NOT cover (and you are therefore not permitted to do) the following:
- Use the website, the content, or any part of it for any commercial gain, or for any monetary or other benefit;
- Use the website, the content, or any part of it as a basis for creating information, articles or content which will be supplied for commercial gain or for any monetary or other benefit;
- Modify, disrupt or interfere with the website and/or our systems by any means, including through the use of scripts, viruses, or worms or other computer code that is harmful; or
- Submitting content or in any way using the website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including their rights to privacy.
The use of the website and content outlined above does not apply to content that is owned by our contributors and licensors. No rights are granted to copy, reproduce, supply or print Content which is owned by our contributors and licensors.
Your use of the website and content is entirely at your own risk. We (including any partners providing the website or any content) will not be liable for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party arising from your use or inability to use the website (including any links to this website), reliance on any content found on or through the website or due to failures of telecommunications, the Internet, electronic communications, corruption or loss of data or property by any means or viruses or spyware that may infect your computer equipment on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the website or your downloading of any content. In particular and subject to applicable law, we are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages. The above limitations apply even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The website may contain references and links to other websites. They are provided for general information only and we do not endorse, approve or support those other websites nor the information provided on them. We do not accept any liability in connection with any such references, links and sites or any use by you of them or reliance on them.
Your access and use of the website and content (and any legal issue arising from such access and use) are governed by English law.
Your privacy and personal information
Your privacy and the security of your personal information is important to us. We will comply with all data protection laws in force in the United Kingdom and will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with our privacy statement.