Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, gender and telephone number. We may collect personal information about you if you submit content containing any personal information on the website, send us an email or communicate with us in any other way.
We may make changes to this privacy statement of use from time to time, so please check back here regularly.
By continuing to access the website, you agree that we may use or disclose your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement and communicate with you electronically (including by email).
If you are uncertain about anything in this privacy statement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of your personal information
Whilst we use industry standard systems and procedures to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We may use your personal information:
- For administrative purposes, to monitor and analyse your access and use of the website and content for instance by using Google Analytics in order to get a better understanding of how you use the site, and enhance future services and identify potentially relevant content that you may find useful;
- To maintain and update the personal information we hold about you, address errors, improve the website, content and our other services;
- To send you from time to time information regarding updates and changes to the website, content, our services or any technical, administrative or legal notices relating to the website that we consider important for you to know; and
- To send you information about Vote For Policies and how we can help you, for example, information about our publications, training and services. You can choose not to receive some of these communications by following the instructions at the bottom of these communications.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your permission except in the following circumstances:
- We may sub-contract third party suppliers to provide services for us, including for example, the provision of website hosting and management services, technical services, collation of usage data or for running promotional campaigns. In these circumstances, the suppliers will have access to some or all of your personal information in order to provide their services but will be contractually bound to not disclose or use your personal information for any other purpose;
Whilst we currently store your personal information in the UK, we may transfer and store your personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area that may be deemed to have inadequate protections by European Union data protection authorities. Where your personal information is stored on systems in countries outside the European Economic Area, the protection of your personal information will be subject to the laws of those countries. In these circumstances, we will notify you of such changes and endeavour to impose safeguards equivalent to those in the European Economic Area on the collection and use of your personal information.
We will disclose your personal information to any appropriate
investigative third party if we believe that you are involved
in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do
so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- prevent fraud;
- protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of the website; or
- protect and defend our rights and property.
Non-personal information and cookies
We do share aggregated non-personally identifiable information with third parties for general purposes. This does not involve disclosing any personal information which can identify you in any way.
We also collect “cookies” when you access the website. A “cookie” is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit the website again and improves the performance of the website and content. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of the website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content and make your use of it easier. If you wish to reject our cookies, then you can configure your browser to do so.
Links on our website
Our website may contain links to other third party websites. We are not responsible for the way that these websites collect and use your personal information. Any information you provide to these websites is at your own risk.